Sunday, October 2, 2016

Study/Homework Tips & Tricks

     
Hey y'all! These last two months since I've started college has been CRAZY! Since I'm still technically a 12th grader, I'm having to do a few subjects at home on top of my college classes so I have an even bigger load than most of the other students 😬 So, as you can imagine, I have a LOT of homework. If you're anything like me, I get distracted about every 15 seconds by either the TV, my phone, my computer, or other people! I've compiled this list of strategies and fun ways to keep yourself focused and reward yourself for the little accomplishments to stay engaged.
1. Make a List. I don't know about you but there is nothing more satisfying to me than checking something off a list. Make a list of everything you need to get done and start with the most time consuming and difficult task, and make your way through to the easiest. 
2. Reward yourself. After every task you complete, reward yourself with something small! For me, after every assignment I finish I set a timer (this part is crucial so you don't lose track of time) for 5 minutes and let myself check my emails and scroll through Instagram or Pinterest! Sometimes, I also have a bag of Brookside Chocolates (Goji and Rasberry is my favorite) and after every question I eat one.
3. Take Breaks. Don't max yourself out. There have been nights when I get home and have 6+ hours of Homework ahead of me. I don't know about you but there is absolutely no way in this world that I could sit down and stare at a book or computer screen for 6 hours. Every hour or so take a 15 minute break. Now this is not the break I was talking about before when you set a timer to play on your phone, you need to relax. Lay your head down, dim the lights, and just rest. Not only will it help you keep your sanity, it will also help your brain to focus and you will be able to get your work done much quicker! WARNING: I fall asleep just about every time I close my eyes, so make sure to set an alarm for this one too! 
4. If you can, do it in the bath. Now this one may not work for you, but for my classes 90% of my homework is done on an app called Moodle and can be done straight from my phone, so it really helps me to focus and takes away many possible distractions when I grab a Lush bath bomb, and hop in the bath to do my work! So, if you have anything that can be done on your phone or computer if you have a bath study tray, (which will definitely be my next purchase!!) I would definitely recommend doing it in a relaxing hot bath!
That's it! I hope you all find this helpful and if you have any questions or comments drop them below or message me on Instagram, @preppyandpetite!
Xox, Ashlyn

2 comments :

  1. Are you doing a dual-enrollment type program? I'm taking college classes as a dually enrolled student. I love that I'm able to do it but it can be a lot of work sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am! It's great for the long run but you're very right, it's a huge load for a 17 year old to take on!!

    ReplyDelete